Friday, June 13, 2014

BeautyHD Airbrush Review & Trial

So for my first official blog post, I will be writing about a product I was recently blessed with, The BeautyHD Airbrush makeup system. I will be showcasing some product photos, followed by my step by step guide and thoughts during my first experience with unboxing and using the product for a photoshoot. Hope you enjoy and find this post helpful~! Now, to start off...

The Product
The package/set includes the compressor, the adapter/power cord, the air hose, nozzle wrench, dropper, the gun holder, and of course, the airbrush gun w/ an airbrush gun case. Available at P3999.

There are available water-based "2nd Skin" makeup, costing around P399 per bottle, or you can get any 3 for free when you buy the BeautyHD Airbrush Kit at P5000

note: I did not include the 2nd skin makeup, wrench, dropper and gun holder in the photo, pls. refer to the Instructions or the BeautyHD page/site (provided later on) for details regarding these items.

Instructions
*It was a bit disappointing when I opened the box and no manual or small guide was included, although I was given this online/downloadable photo guide after sending a complaint on their Facebook page.

The Compressor

The compressor is the heart of the whole product, where you turn the knob to switch on the power, and at the same time, controls the amount of wind supplied by the machine. For first timers, I suggest you leave the power at level 3-4 to test run, before actually going max power for faster makeup speed.

The Airbrush Gun

The Airbrush gun is NOT to be underestimated hahaha. It consists of a total of 22 parts when dismantled, which I personally counted after attempting to clean in. My advice? Don't dismantle it! haha. It took me a good 30mins-1hr trying to put it back together. There are better ways to clean it, which you can research on youtube, check via the manual, or simply ask BeautyHD for help/assistance.

When using the airbrush, it's best to keep it 6-8 inches away from your face. Using it too close would cause you to have silly spots on your face. It was ridiculous when I made that mistake the first time, my brother laughed so hard. haha.

It will take too much time to explain every single detail of how the gun works via blog post, so I highly suggest checking out youtube videos about airbrush makeup tutorials.

The Add Ons
The 220v adapter and the air hose
They both go at the bottom right part of your compressor

The other side of your air hose connects to the hose connector of the airbrush gun, located at the gun's lower area, as shown on photo.

Before:


AFTER:
Terumi Hoshi as Mirai Kuriyama
Makeup by Eiri Mina

All in all, I really enjoyed using my new BeautyHD Airbrush makeup system, though it may be too pricey to use on cosplayers, but definitely worth every cent. Maybe start your own HMUA business, whether for the general public, or for friends. 

As for the "Second Skin" makeup, I love how it literally feels like your 2nd skin even after hours have passed since you've applied it. It doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup at all, but the effects stay on for hours.

note: you will still use regular makeup for adding some other details, since the airbrush still can't do everything alone, unless you invest on a complete set of equipment. 



For more photos, visit:

Photo Credits:

Support my friend Terumi:

BeautyHD Airbrush Makeup:



3 comments:

  1. good review on the airbrush. i guess airbrush now a days is not just a toy for boys but for girls also xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Wanna try this too someday~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.. now im wanting to try it <3

    ReplyDelete